We’re excited to debut our official monthly event calendar! We have some great new events coming up in August. Here’s a quick overview of what’s happening here at ANCHOR:
- Empower Hours – Tuesdays and Thursdays 3-5PM
- S.H.A.R.E. (Sexual Health and Relationships Education) – Tuesdays at 5PM
- SMART Recovery – every other Wednesday at 5PM
- LIFEboat (Living in Freedom and Empowerment) – every other Wednesday at 5PM
- BUOY (Building Understanding of Yourself) – Thursdays at 5PM
New Events in August
- THEMED and PARTICIPANT-LED Empower Hours – A few times a month, we’ll have structured activities available during Empower Hours, some of which will be led by fellow ANCHOR Project participants. On 8/4, Alex will lead us in a Bottle Cap Magnet workshop. On 8/18 and 8/25, one of our awesome participants will be heading up the creation of a collaborative art piece! And on 8/20, Sami will be hosting a Resume Workshop.
- GUEST SESSION with Sami, ANCHOR’s Education and Employment Resource Specialist – Sami will be leading a Queer Career Introduction on Thursday, August 6th from 5-7PM.
- WEDNESDAY Empower Hours – Starting August 26th, Empower Hours are moving from Thursdays to Wednesdays, 3-5PM.
- MONTHLY SOCIAL EVENT – we’ll be hosting a fun social event on the last Thursday of every month from 6:30-8:30PM. August’s event is a movie night here at ANCHOR!