Would you like to join us?
Participants in the ANCHOR Project are invited to apply for an exciting opportunity to be a part of this groundbreaking conference. Two selected applicants will receive an award which includes airfare and transportation, lodging, conference fees, and meals. The 2016 conference will be held at the Hilton Chicago, January 20 – 24, 2016. We plan to travel to Chicago on January 19th and return to Tucson on January 24th.
Please take some time to learn more about the upcoming conference by exploring the Creating Change website. If you are interested in this opportunity, please complete and submit an application by Sunday, December 20th, at 11:59pm.
What is Creating Change? (from https://www.creatingchange.org/faq/)
The National LGBTQ Task Force sponsors and organizes the Creating Change Conference. 2016 marks the 28th gathering of this unique national conference, the pre-eminent political, leadership and skills-building conference for the LGBTQ social justice movement. Since 1988, Creating Change has created the opportunity for thousands of committed people to develop and hone their skills, celebrate victories, build community, and to be inspired by visionaries of our LGBTQ movement and allied movements for justice and equality.
The primary goal of the Creating Change Conference is to build our movement’s power from the ground up to secure our overarching goal of full equality, social justice and dignity for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, and queer people in the United States.
Creating Change 2016 Details
- Conference dates: January 19 (travel day) through January 24, 2016.
- Location: Hilton Chicago, Chicago, IL
- Selected applicants will be expected to attend at least one meeting prior to travel to plan and review logistics.
- The deadline to submit your application is SUNDAY, DECEMBER 20TH AT 11:59PM.
- Although not necessary, we recommend typing your responses in a separate document and copy/pasting into the application form. We also recommend completing the entire application in one sitting in order to avoid losing your work.