******July is here and we have some exciting news!******
ANCHOR will now be open at 12pm on Wednesdays! That’s right, no more weird Wednesday schedule. We’ll be open 12-4pm Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Thursdays. Groups begin at 12pm each day and Empower Hours are still from 2-4pm each day. We hope this change will reduce confusion…Plus it gives us an extra hour each week with y’all!
The theme for July 2016 is Discovering Strength Inside & Out. The idea behind the theme is that strength can be found internally within each individual as well as within one’s community. We have several participant-led discussions and activities lined up that correspond with this theme and will help folks get to know each other!
- 7/5 – Building Trust discussion
- 7/7 – Meditative Flow Movement activity
- 7/13 – Jewelry Making activity
- 7/14 – Activist Speed Dating
- 7/19 – Affirmations: Mental Magic discussion
- 7/21 – Healthy Communication discussion
- 7/26 – Highlighting Community Resources discussion
- 7/28 – Sources of Strength Shield activity
We’re also introducing two new recurring monthly events!
- 7/6 – How to be an Ally 101
- This workshop will provide basic information about identities within the LGBTQ community as well as a discussion around what it means to be an ally.
- 7/20 – Catch-All Party!
- The perfect excuse for cake! This is a time to celebrate anything worth celebrating this month, whether it’s a birthday, graduation, new job, new relationship, HRT anniversaries, and more!