Through September‘s monthly theme, In Harmony: Finding Common Ground through Celebrations and Challenges, we’ll be acknowledging the many benefits of music. In addition to learning about the link between music and emotions, there will also be an opportunity to create music through a songwriting workshop and karaoke!
Due to high demand, we’re also excited to be hosting a Financial Management workshop this month. Additionally, our Recovery Coach Paul will now be leading his G.A.M.E.S.S. group twice a month, in rotation with BUOY. See all the details below!
- Financial Management workshop (9/14) – Does managing money feel like a constant battle? Is it a struggle to make ends meet? Savings?! What savings? Money continuously comes up during groups here at ANCHOR. In response, we pulled together a workshop to address this topic in detail. In addition to general information about finances, we’ll also be sharing strategies and tips for wise spending and saving.
- G.A.M.E.S.S. (Gaming Affecting Members’ Employment and Social Skills) is a group to discuss how strategies and tools used in games can be applied to your goals in other areas of life. G.A.M.E.S.S. will now alternate with BUOY every other Thursday from 12-2pm.
- Participants can now access our Google calendar. Feel free to link it to your own calendar so you always know what’s happening at ANCHOR!
- Dr. Sebi’s Alkaline Diet (9/6) – A participant will be sharing personal experiences with Dr. Sebi’s alkaline diet, a diet that has been said to cleanse the body of toxins and cure diseases.
- Music & Emotions (9/13) – A discussion about the links between music and emotions!
- Let’s Move (9/20) – Learn and experience the soothing benefits of tai chi through an activity and video.
- “Cweepies” Karaoke (9/22)- Sing it out with some karaoke on the patio!
- Loop Station Songwriting (9/27) – Experience the bonding and healing potential of creating music through this participant-led songwriting activity.
- The Meaning Behind Colors (/29) – Learn how colors affect our moods and emotions.
Recurring Monthly Events:
- How to be an Ally 101 (9/7) – Staff-led workshop reviewing LGBTQ+ identities and terminology as well as tips for being a strong ally.
- Catch-All Party! (9/21) – Cake and cupcakes to celebrate birthdays, HRT anniversaries, new jobs, and anything else worth celebrating this month!
- Third Thursday Threads clothing swap (9/15)- We received a donation of adorable dresses and shoes. Come check them out!